Monday, April 4, 2011

Cafeteria Boston

Cafeteria Boston (Newbury Street)

Dan got to pick the brunch place this week and I think he did a good job. He took me to Cafeteria Boston once last year and I really enjoyed it. I don’t often go to Newbury Street and I tend to stray away from the “fancy” places that Dan really enjoys. I find this place to be a happy medium between both our tastes.
The décor at Cafeteria Boston is relaxed and I was excited to be on the second floor on a sunny Sunday afternoon. All the furniture and accents are in beiges and browns; with the huge windows, it was very bright and welcoming.
Our waitress was nice but I felt like she wanted to be somewhere else (which she probably did, it was a lovely day.)
I ordered 3 eggs, bacon, home fries, and pancakes, my usual. I liked the bacon, and the pancakes were very good but the home fries did not have enough seasoning.  We ordered a jar of Sangria that was really good but next time I will just stick with the glass; we had a lot left over.

Service: B
Taste: B
Ambiance: A+
Menu Creativity (Options): B
Overall Experience: A-

Special thanks to Herrel, who took our reservation via text message on a Sunday while we were parking at the Pru.
Cafeteria is a very hip/cool/trendy spot on Newbury St.  The set-up is very open and airy.  We were seated on the second floor which has a lot of windows and tons of natural light.  Our Server Ashley was very attentive and not obtrusive at all.
I stayed with French Toast and Bacon.  The French toast was excellent.  It  came with fresh fruit and was covered with a caramel infused whipped cream on top which was flavorful, light and airy.  It was complimented by maple syrup perfectly.  The bacon was not cooked evenly with half the order chewy and the other very crispy, this was fine and gave a few different textures when I mooched off of Candice’s eggs.  I just wished they had done something to get the excess grease off of the bacon; a white side dish filled with excess bacon grease just does not fit a Newbury St. boutique restaurant. 
Instead of juice we went with a jar of Sangria.  We ordered the Rose which was raspberries, apples and white wine…absolutely delicious. 





Service: B+ there when you needed her and far enough away to relax
Taste: B+ food was very good
Ambiance: A+ the second floor is a great room and the perfect wake-up spot for Sunday brunch
Menu Creativity (Options): A- with all of the beverage options and a wide variety of breakfast and lunch
Overall Experience: B+ really fun spot, just wish there was more parking (Boston’s Back Bay)

Total Bill was $58 which for Newbury St is very moderate

No comments:

Post a Comment